Week 12 of 16
First of all, please take a minute and click on the link below then like the photo from the Houston Marathon Facebook page to vote for me! I am in a contest to win a #HouMarathon prize pack!
Back to Week 12...
This week I took a step back before the hardest week in my training (which happens to be Christmas week!!) and after a tough long run last week. I can’t believe I have one more week of hard work then my 3-week taper begins! Some people hate it—but I totally love taper time!
I had to rearrange my running schedule a little bit because I was invited over a client's house for wine and Christmas on Wednesday afternoon. So much fun! But this meant Monday easy run and Tuesday night mile repeat night! This was tough. I wasn’t quite recovered by Monday from my 20-miler attempt so I had to run my intervals on Tuesday night. Tuesdays are my long days at work and the motivation to run on Tuesday nights is very low but I got it done. I got home Wednesday night and took G out for a night mile run/walk to continue with the Christmas theme and look at all the neighbors pretty Christmas lights.
By the way, have I ever mentioned that my 7:30am group training group is the BEST?
Georgie and I got out again on Thursday morning but it was misty and raw out so I skipped my run which meant treadmill again on Thursday night. It really was a rough week in terms of motivation. I am getting SO CLOSE but I am also starting to feel the effects of training. I was SO TIRED all week. Literally thought I could close my eyes in the back office at work and sleep the whole day away. Thanks goodness for clients.
I rounded out the week with a Friday morning 5-miler and 14 miles on Saturday. Even thought it was probably the coldest run of the fall/winter so far, I felt much better on my long run this week. I had the company of Wendy on Saturday morning as she joined me for 7 miles. I parked at work and ran the 2 miles to her house, 7 with her and finished up with 5 on my own. It’s been awhile since I got to run with Wendy so it was nice—she’s super speedy and athletic and a 50 YEAR OLD GRANDMA. My group training group calls her Wonder Women—so inspiring!
· I was selected to be a nuunbassador for 2016! What does this mean? Discounts & goodies in exchange for sharing the #nuunlove! Did you know that I put nuun in my water bottle during spin class? My favorite flavor? Watermelon.
· I received my first product in the mail as a BibRave Pro! Georgie was first to try on my new xx2i USA 1 sunglasses but I was able to wear them on Saturday for my long run! They were great. Didn’t fog up, didn’t bounce around but also not too tight on my head. I barely noticed I was wearing them. I love that you can change the adjustable nosepiece & “temple tips” and I’m looking forward to changing them to red next week for Christmas week! Full review coming soon…
· ICYMI: Run Jen Run’s Guide to Choosing a Good Pair of Sunglasses https://www.facebook.com/jenrunsfastblog/posts/912157135564640
· Did you vote for me yet? :) https://www.facebook.com/houstonmarathon/photos/a.10153428801357872.1073741844.54094412871/10153428801722872/?type=3&theater
· 4 weeks until the Houston Marathon!
4 miles treadmill (32:00)
6.5 miles treadmill with 4x1 mile (49:35) <-- 7:13, 7:08, 7:03, 6:58
Taught spin class
1.15 miles with G (10:28)
0.83 miles with G (6:58)
2.5 miles treadmill (20:00)
5 miles (38:58)
14 miles – 1/2 with Wendy! (1:51:30)
Taught spin class
G mileage disclaimer: None of the mileage reported with Georgie is straight, consistent running. We may run 1 mile in 9 or 10 minutes but in reality we probably covered a 2-3 mile distance with a mix of walking and running. I stop my watch every time we start walking.
This week’s mileage: 34 miles
This week’s G mileage: 2 miles
December Totals: 99 miles
2015 Totals: 774 miles