Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of OOFOS OOriginal Sport Sandals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Your feet earned this.
|My latest test product as a BibRave Pro|
Many people say that running is such a simple sport—all you need is a pair of good sneakers—but most runners know this isn’t the case. Running is so much more complex with all the gear, technology, training plans, strength training, stretching, foam rolling, nutrition, recovery techniques and so on… It’s all the little things that make us stronger, faster and stay injury free that can’t be ignored.
So after you take off you $100+ sneakers that you purchased at a specialty running store fitted and selected especially for you, why put on a cheap pair of flimsy flip flops with absolutely no support?
OOFOS is a recovery footwear company. They make sandals and clogs with its unique OOfoam, designed to absorb 37% more shock than other materials.
· Reduces stress on sore feet, knees and lower back.
· Cradles your arches.
· Biomechanically designed footbed allows natural motion.
· Soft, conforming toe post eliminates toe chafing.
· Shower/beach-ready; moisture resistant; doesn’t retain smell.
· Durable OOfoam holds its cushion.
· Machine washable.
· So light they float.
More on the OOfoam technology:
When do I wear my OOFOS OOriginal Sport Sandals?
Before I got injured I was wearing my OOFOS everywhere! Around the house, after a run, walking the dog, running errands, to the nail salon—literally, everywhere!
Unfortunately for me sandals are not ideal for an Achilles strain but I have continued to wear them on a limited basic lounging around as I “rest.” Just don’t tell my PT coworkers…
· Unbelievably comfortable. When I first put them on I kind of questioned why I walked around in my favorite 2 for $5 flip flops for all these years.
· The arch support is so nice! I have a high arch so I don’t always feel like I’m getting much support in my arches.
· The soles are thick and cushiony yet super lightweight and non-bulky.
· Do you get blisters the first time putting on flip flops in the spring like I do? Well not with these guys! Score!
· So apparently these are machine washable?! I haven’t tried yet but they are really easy to clean off with a hose—I’ve had to do it multiple times after playing around with Georgie in my backyard desert oasis.
· The “Sport” version is in fact sporty! Duh. Although not terrible, I kind of like the bright, solid colored OOriginals over the 3 color choices available in the OOriginal Sport (White Cloud, Graphite and Marsala). Just personal preference.
· Now that I’ve been wearing these all around, I almost would prefer the slide version of OOFOS. After a run, I often like to keep my compression socks on for a while and you can’t do that with the sandals. No big deal. I’ll just have to buy a pair!
· Sizing is based off whole sizes. If you are usually a half size they suggest going up a size for women but down a size for men. I am usually a 7 or a 7.5 and I ended up ordering a 7. It seems like the right choice for me but based on where the arch is located on the shoe, it almost feels like I need my toes to be a little longer!
Have you had a chance to #FEELTHEOO yet?
Join us on Twitter for the OOFOS sponsored #BibChat on August 30th at 9pm EST!
P.S. Georgie gives OOFOS “2 paws up!”