Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of OOFOS OOcloog Project Pink Clogs to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
“Feel the OO”
So you may remember I had the chance to “feel the OO” for the first time last summer when I tested and reviewed the OOriginal Sport Sandals. Another opportunity as a BibRave Pro came to test a shoe from the Project Pink line. I was originally going to pass this one up but then I found out… OOFOS makes clogs!
Why was I so excited about the clogs? Because I can wear them to work!
OOFOS is a recovery footwear brand made for an active lifestyle. Although I spend a good amount of time sitting at my desk, I am on my feet most of the work day running around in between teaching classes, training clients, working with therapy patients and covering the gym/pool. In all my years at Cape Cod Rehab and Mashpee Fitness, I have always just worn sneakers to work. I mean I LOVE my sneakers—I own Nike Lunarglides in every color of the rainbow to match all my work outfits—but it was nice to switch it up and wear a black clog that not only went with everything but also felt extremely comfortable and looked a little nicer and dressier than my everyday work shoe.
Some of the OOFOS clog features:
· OOfoam absorbs 37% more shock than other materials
· Reduces stress on sore feet, knees and lower back
· Cradles your arches
· Biomechanically designed footbed allows natural motion
· Moisture resistant; doesn’t retain smell
· Durable OOfoam holds its cushion
· Machine washable
· So light they float
So what’s the deal with Project Pink?
“This extends beyond footwear to a cause that strikes way too close to home: the fight against breast cancer.
Duncan Finigan is a long time member of the OOFOS family and was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer in October 2014. After Duncan’s diagnosis, it was an easy decision for us to choose breast cancer research as the cause that OOFOS would stand behind.
With every pair of the Pink collection that we sell, OOFOS will donate 100% of the proceeds to Dana-Farber breast cancer research. As one of the world’s leading cancer care centers, the Dana-Farber team works tirelessly to find a cure to help the millions around the world that are affected.”
You can read more about Duncan’s story here:
When do I wear my clogs?
Like I already said… I wear them to work! I throw them on after my run and to go outside with the pup. I’ve been wearing them to run errands after work, to go to the grocery store and when I’m out and about on weekends.
· The arch support is unreal. I have a high arch and I love that I can feel it.
· From afar you may think the clogs look thick and heavy however they are super lightweight and non-bulky.
· While I only wore the clogs with socks, you could wear them without. They are made of the same material as the sandals and don’t retain smell.
· The clog comes in a shiny or matte finish. I opted for the matte finish.
· No pedicure was needed to review this style of OOFOS!
· If the clog style isn’t for you, the Project Pink line also features a few different varieties of sandals.
· Clogs don’t quite go with leggings, tights, capris or shorts—but who cares! I make it work.
P.S. Georgie totally gives OOFOS “2 paws up!”
Want to read more BibRave Pro reviews?
Post a Comment