Welcome to race week! I’ll be running 13.1 miles in Newport on Saturday at the Newport Rhode Race. I’m not going to lie—I wish I was more excited then I am. I’ve said all along that I won’t be racing it because all eyes are on ringing the PR bell in Buffalo and I’ve even thought about running WITH my dad. Newport will be his 10th half marathon. 10th! Can you believe it? Just a few years ago I blogged about my dad’s journey to a half marathon and then I recapped his first race. He’s still trying to break 2 hours—his closest being 2:01:30 at the Cape Cod Half in 2015—so I thought it might be nice to stick with him and try to help him get to that 1:59:59.
BUT… I got injured. I’ve been pretty quiet about it because quite honestly I think everyone—including myself—is sick of hearing about all my injuries! I haven’t run since last Monday and I think it’s getting better. I might try to run a mile or two later in the week before Newport but I am leaning more towards just showing up for the race and seeing what happens. If it’s my first DNF, at least I will be there for my dad, share the BibRave love and see my coworker Eric in his marathon BQ attempt.
As for the week… Monday was my only run. It was a beautiful 50 degree day and I only made it a mile before the pain started so I turned around. Tuesday I was called in to jury duty for the first time ever! We got released early and I enjoyed a nice rainy day at home with the pup.
Wednesday and Friday G and I actually went for a walk. It had been a while…
· One of my online clients nailed her goal race! 12 weeks of training and she beat her 10k goal by over a minute and placed 3rd in the race! I was so proud. She said in an email, “I just wanted to drop a line to express my thanks, from the bottom of my heart, for all your help and encouragement as I recommitted to running and put that disappointing 10k performance last year in my rear view mirror. Lots of fun, tough runs and support led to today’s PR…so happy.” I love when hard work pays off.
· I published my Boston Marathon Preview blog post! Check it out here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2017/04/run-jen-runs-boston-marathon-preview.html
· 1 week until the Newport Rhode Race!
· 6 weeks until the Piggy Trot!
· 7 weeks until the Buffalo Half Marathon!
2.10 miles (16:07)
15’ walk with G
Taught spin class
30’ walk with G
Taught spin class
This week’s mileage: 2 miles
This week’s G mileage: 0 miles
April Totals: 7 miles
2017 Totals: 291 miles