Monday, January 7, 2019

Weekly Roundup 12.31-1.6

Week 2 of 16

Happy New Year!  Week 2 was a challenge for me but I’m glad it’s over.  Don’t get me wrong—I LOVE Christmas and this time of the year but I have been so looking forward to a normal work week and a normal running/lifting routine.

My dad was off on Monday and I had plans to go to the Dubovsky house for New Year’s Eve dinner so I asked my dad if he would be on Georgie lunch duty so I could get in a lunch break run.  I had 4 miles on the schedule (aka about 32 minutes) during a 60 minute lunch break but this stressed me out so much.  It was a beautiful day but I decided to run on the treadmill with the thought of it being a much quicker change into running clothes.  I was practically wearing everything under my work clothes and just switched shoes.  I went right from the treadmill to the shower and then right to my boss’s office for our weekly meeting.  A highlight of the day was that Eric brought me Mary Lou’s coffee which was a PERFECT post-run treat… especially since I didn’t go home for lunch.

New Year’s Eve was fun.  We ordered Chinese food, had a glass of champagne, ate DOTS even though I gave up candy (YOLO!) and played Rummy Royale.  The plan was to go watch the Sandwich fireworks but rain kind of ruined it.  That seems to be the theme of the year.  Instead we all lit off sparklers and I was home before 9pm, in bed by 10.  Perfect.

New Year’s Day I met up with Danielle, Jason and Mike for our annual New Year’s Day bRUNch.  We ran 5 miles then brunched it up at Anejo.  So good.

I woke up Wednesday morning not feeling right.  I made coffee but I didn’t drink it.  That was the first red flag.  Second red flag was that it was a staff meeting day at Burrito Bistro and I only ordered a smoothie.  I had no appetite and my whole body ached.  Eric let me leave after the meeting and I came home and slept for 2.5 hours.  When I woke up I took my temperature and had a fever of 101.  I went right from the couch to bed at 8:30 and stayed in bed until 8:30 the next morning.

I stayed home from work on Thursday.  I took some ibuprofen for my fever and mid-day I started to come back to life.  I went into work for a few hours on Friday to cover for Eric.  I still hadn’t eaten much but I felt like heading out for a run.  The fresh air was just what I needed!  I looped close to work so I could head back at anytime but ended up running 5 miles.  I went home and had a big lunch.  Woo hoo!

There was rain in the forecast for Saturday and I had 12 miles on the schedule.  I had convinced myself on Friday that I wasn’t going to worry about a long run and head to the gym for just a few treadmill miles but I woke up on Saturday totally motivated.  I was thinking I would wait until a little later when the gym was quieter so I sat in my room for about 45 minutes organizing some of my drawers and deciding what I wanted to wear for 12 miles on the treadmill.  When I emerged from my room I noticed the rain had stopped.  The weather forecast was now saying “rain predicted at 3pm.”  I changed really quick and started running before I had any time to change my mind.  There was a light mist that turned into a heavy mist about a mile into my run and continued until I was done.  I was soaked.  It was also very windy (duh) and it took a lot out of me but I did it. 

Upcoming events:

·      14 weeks until the Boston Marathon!

Monday 12.31.18
4 treadmill miles (31:28)
Burdenko H2O

Tuesday 1.1.19
Happy New Year
5 miles (46:02) with Danielle, Jason & Mike

Wednesday 1.2.19
Sick day

Thursday 1.3.19
Sick day
20’ walk with G and mama

Friday 1.4.19
5 miles (38:42)

Saturday 1.5.19
12 miles (1:34:38)

Sunday 1.6.19
Taught spin class
Burdenko H2O


This week’s mileage: 26 miles
This week’s G mileage: 0 miles
December Totals: 89 miles
January Totals: 22 miles
2018 Totals: 960 miles
2019 Totals: 22 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment