Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
I may be a Buffalo fan but I am also a fan of the game. It’s going to be a great matchup and I cannot wait. While Peyton Manning and Richard Sherman have dominated the headlines these past two weeks, Marshawn Lynch has been quietly sliding by under the radar… well until Media Day.
Y'all are going to think I'm crazy but in honor of Super Bowl Sunday, I will share with you some of my Marshawn Lynch fascination. You may learn a few things from the ugliest dude in the NFL’s quiet confidence.
1. He named himself Beast Mode. Enough said.
“Can you define what Beast Mode means to you?”
“It’s just a lifestyle, man.”
2. Have you ever heard of a Beast Quake?
3. He endorses products he is passionate about. Remember the touchdown celebration when he made it rain “power pellets?” And who doesn’t want to try a Beast Mode Burger with a side of Skittles?
4. He is philosophical.
“I don’t run to get tackled.”
5. He’s honest.
“I’m just here so I don’t get fined.”
6. He has a personality AND loves Applebees.
7. Actions speak louder than words.
“That's what it is. I ain't never seen no talking winning nothing. Been like that since I was little. I was raised like that. I'm gonna get it. Don't need to talk about it.”
8. Always S.R.
“I’m S.R., bro. I’m stay ready. So there aint no getting ready.”