Guys! I’m so proud of Georgie this week! We had 2 great 2-mile runs, 2 days in a row! They were super cold days—I’m talking teens with single digit wind chills—but she did great and we had fun getting outside together.
The week started with a snow day and very minimal movement and activity. It was a much needed lazy day off. I have been feeling very blah since the Houston Marathon and I can’t seen to feel like I’m caught up on sleep, even though I’ve been averaging great sleep hours. After Houston I stopped taking my iron and vitamin D supplements and I’m thinking that could have an influence, especially since I’d been taking 2 of each a day for the past 6-ish months.
Tuesday kicked off the week of LOVE in my spin classes. Have I ever mentioned how much I love themed playlists?
I got in a good 4 solo miles outside on Wednesday and then braved the cold with G on Friday and Saturday.
· I submitted my taxes and made an impulse buy—a PINK TRX! I’m so excited!
· My Race Report: Houston Marathon became my most read blog post! After almost 2 years of When Turkeys Attack holding the #1 spot, the turkeys are finally going down!
· I updated my blog to include a discount page with all the sweet BibRave discount codes for running-related products and races. Check it here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/p/discount-codes.html
· OH, and how could I forget the excitement of the marathon U.S. Olympic Trials on Saturday! I planned the morning just right keeping Georgie running & playing so that by 1pm when the coverage started on NBC, she was ready for a nap. And no joke, she woke up exactly 3 hours later RIGHT as it was ending. While both races were exciting, the highlight of the day to me was 40-year old Meb Keflezighi making his fourth U.S. Olympic Team. Since meeting Meb back in 2007, I have always been on Team Meb so I couldn’t be more excited for him and his brother Hawi. Although this means we won’t be seeing either of them in Falmouth this year… :(
· 15 weeks until the Buffalo Half Marathon!
Taught spin class. The playlist: When Love Takes Over Spin Playlist
10 push ups
4 miles (30:50)
Taught spin class. They playlist: We Found Love Spin Playlist
2 miles with G (17:50)
1.96 miles with G (17:25)
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Taught spin class. The playlist: Lovestoned Spin Playlist
This week’s mileage: 8 miles
This week’s G mileage: 4 miles
February Totals: 14.5 miles
2016 Totals: 66.5 miles