Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of Zensah Well Rounded Shorts review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
This review is for female eyes only! No really, I’m serious.
The past few weeks I’ve been checking the 5-day forecast waiting for warmer days so I could wear shorts on my runs. Why? Because spring weather on Cape Cod SUCKS and my newest product to review as a BibRave Pro was a pair of Zensah Well Rounded Shorts!
There have been some mixed reviews from the other Lady Pros but I have really liked these shorts. My go to running shorts are typically black spandex I couldn’t pass on the chance to try a new brand… of black spandex shorts.
My first thought when I got them—a 4.5 inch inseam?! That’s so long! BUT if you remember, I turned 30 this year so a 4.5 inch inseam is probably more appropriate for my age. I even thought about writing a follow up blog post to “Growing Up & Carrying My Own Water” called “Growing Up & Wearing Longer Spandex.”
But for real, the 4.5 inch inseam is not so bad. I often get inner thigh chafing (no inner thigh gap for this girl!) so the longer shorts have prevented that from happening. Another good thing is that the shorts are seamless and designed to be worn without underwear. Guys are you reading? I told you not to…STOP NOW! I hate wearing underwear with spandex so I love the comfort and freedom with these shorts!
If you’re familiar with Zensah products, the Well Rounded Shorts are made of the same material as their compression socks and sleeves. They are very lightweight and move well with you whether it’s running, dog walking, or laying around post-run. However being a compression company, I was hoping their shorts would have a little more of a compression feel to them. This lack of compression could be what makes them so comfortable though!
· I love that they stay in place and don’t ride up during my runs.
· They have a wide waistband to hid the tummy a bit.
· Made of moisture wicking and anti-odor fabric.
· These shorts were designed in Miami. It’s a sign. I use any and every good omen as I look ahead to the Miami Marathon in January 2017.
· The Well Rounded Shorts retail at $41.99. A little pricey but comparable to good running shorts. Good news! I have a discount code for you! Use ZENBIB15 for 15% off Zensah’s Well Rounded Shorts!
· Not a whole lot of color choices. While black is my go-to for spandex, I would prefer some brighter, bolder colors to the Heather Grey, Heather Cherry and Heather Teal.
· The shorts are tight around the bottoms which originally made me feel like I had thigh bulge going on. I think this is what keeps them from riding up though. It’s not an uncomfortable tight but I think if I would have sized down to try to increase the compression feel, it might have been uncomfortable.
· Some Lady Pros commented that their shorts were see through. I honestly never noticed. Maybe my neighbors have but I ain’t got no shame or embarrassment wearing them around the ‘hood.
Would I recommend the Zensah Well Rounded Shorts? If you are used to wearing spandex shorts anywhere and everywhere like me—YES! They are so comfortable, I could live in them.
Join us on Twitter for the Zensah sponsored #BibChat on May 10rd at 9pm EST!
And don’t forget to use code ZENBIB15 for 15% off the Zensah Well Rounded Shorts!
Post a Comment