Week 8 of 12
4 weeks to go! Last week was a lower mileage week that ended with a 10k PR. This week started with tired legs and a 4:15pm date with the NormaTec at work. They seemed to do the trick as I had a great run at Run Club. I have a rule that I don’t attend Run Club if it’s raining or below 30 degrees and it sure was close on Tuesday! I’m glad I went because Infa was there and brought me a goodie bag filled with fun running presents!
Wednesday it was back to speed work. This week it was quarter mile repeats. I was so excited that I figured out how to program an interval workout into my Garmin 230 for the first time but I messed up and put 2’ recovery in between—which was too much. Next week I’ll know.
I scheduled an appointment with our dog trainer on Friday so I only took Georgie for 2 miles in the morning. We had 4 on the schedule but after our training session we were both wiped! Plus we had to rest up to supervise on Friday afternoon and ALL day Saturday as Mark and Linda put in a front walkway for us! I actually carried a ton of pavers on Friday and I think that left me tired for Saturday’s long run.
· I had the opportunity to interview Meb before the Buffalo Marathon and of course I had to bring up chicken wings! Find out how Meb treats himself after a big race here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/04/buffalo-marathon-q-with-meb-keflezighi.html
· I’ve enjoyed all the products I’ve tested as a BibRave Pro but the Orange Mud HydraQuiver might be at the top of my list so far. You can read all about it here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/04/bibrave-pro-product-review-orange-mud.html
· 3 weeks until the 7th Annual Piggy Trot!
· 4 weeks until the Buffalo Half Marathon!
· 11 weeks until the Runner’s World Classic!
4 miles (31:07)
Taught spin class
10 push ups
Marathon Sports Run Club! 5 miles with Infa & Chris (39:34)
5.25 miles (39:30) with 6x1/4mi, 2’ recovery <--1:42, 1:41, 1:34, 1:37, 1:30, 1:28
1.88 miles with G (17:07)
Taught spin class
2 miles with G (17:24)
10 miles (1:15:55)
Taught spin class. The playlist: Pump It Spin Playlist
10’ core workout
This week’s mileage: 28 miles
This week’s G mileage: 4 miles
April Totals: 125.5 miles
2016 Totals: 323 miles