Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of LEGEND Compression Leg Sleeves to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
“Your legs deserve LEGENDARY support!”
If you’ve been following along, you may remember I tested and reviewed LEGEND Compression Performance Socks a few months back. Before that I had never heard of LEGEND, a relatively new company with 30+ years of medical background. They launched in August 2015 with the mission “to help individuals extend the life of their legs through graduated compression technology.” I loved the socks—they were soft, comfortable and easy to get on and off—so I was looking forward to trying out their leg sleeves as well.
When I received the product in the mail, I was a few weeks out from the Miami Marathon and had been spending a lot of time on the treadmills at work. I have always been a forefoot striker and I feel like it’s even more exaggerated on the treadmill so I always wear some type of compression to support my cranky calve muscles.
My first impression of the LEGEND Compression Leg Sleeves was that they aren’t as tight as I’m used to for compression gear. Want to know why?
LEGEND’s motto is “Compression done right not tight!” Their leg sleeves only use 15-20 mmHG level of compression. In their words…
“Based on our experience in medical compression and understanding of what athletes need, we believe that this moderate or therapeutic level of compression is more effective during exercise. We use the hashtag #rightnotright to combat the common misunderstanding that you need to feel the squeeze in order for compression to be working. Our product is easier to get on and easier to get off, but provides just the right amount of support to help you perform and train at your best.”
The Rundown: They provide calf support, shin splint relied and reduce leg fatigue & soreness. LEGEND used medical grade gradated compression in our popular leg sleeves to provide a firm fit in the calves and shins to increase performance and endurance while stabilizing the muscles to prevent injury.
Some of the leg sleeve features:
· Greater Power Output
· Enhanced Endurance
· Increase Oxygen Levels & Blood Circulation
· Reduced Muscle Fatigue, Exertion & Soreness
· Faster Recovery Time
· Promotes Healing
· Reduce Vibration
· Maximum Blood Flow for Muscle Performance
· Reduction of Lactic Acid
When do I wear compression leg sleeves?
From races and workouts to recovery runs and rest days, I love keeping my legs happy in compression—especially long runs on the treadmill. I also wore my new LEGEND Compression Leg Sleeves while lounging around after the marathon, beach walking, walking in the snow, spinning and jumping around on the pool deck during Power Water. Leg sleeves are great because you can still wear your favorite socks (hello Balega!) or slip them on with flip flops (in Miami!) as your start recovering.
· I thought the Performance Socks felt a little big (they don’t come in an XS) so I was happy to see the XS size available in the leg sleeves. Actual sizing for the leg sleeves felt perfect for my 5’4 110lb size—they didn’t bunch up or fall down. Although I heard some of the taller BibRave Pros (Jeremy is 6’ tall) thought that the leg sleeves were too short!
· The leg sleeves come in 7 fun, bright colors! I’m so happy with the aqua color I received!
· I love that they provide UV Protection and are moisture wicking.
· LEGEND products are proudly made in the USA.
· Leg sleeves are priced at $44.95 but you can use code rave20 for 20% off!
Join us on Twitter for the LEGEND sponsored #BibChat on February 7th at 9pm EST!
And don’t forget to use code rave20 for 20% off your order!
Happy running & happy recovery!