Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of 2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves & Racing VECTR Socks to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Train Smarter. Perform Stronger. Recover Faster.
Last week I wrote a blog post about recovering with compression. For the quick summary—Compression is said to increase blood flow to muscles, decrease lactic acid build up, decrease muscle fatigue, reduce muscle soreness, and prevent cramps.
You can view the whole blog post here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/03/recovery-tip-4-wear-compression.html
As I’m getting back into training mode (I’m running the Buffalo Half Marathon on 5/29), I’ve been thinking a lot about the little things: nutrition, speed workouts, strength training, cross training, foam rolling and RECOVERY so the timing on these sleeves and socks from 2XU has been excellent.
Have you ever tried any products by 2XU?
I personally have had really good experience with 2XU products. I love, love, LOVE my HYOPTIK Thermal Compression Pants that I received in December through the BibRave Pro ambassador program. I also love, love, LOVE compression sleeves for so I totally jumped at the opportunity to try the 2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves which pair well with the 2XU Racing VECTR Socks.
Since my new sleeves and socks were set to arrive in February, I was a little worried I wouldn't get in too many wears but oh my gosh the weather has been up and down with my first shorts run of the year in FEBRUARY! Seriously?! It was awesome. The sleeves provide a little bit of warmth on days where you're not sure if you should go with shorts or tights.
2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves
The Rundown: The 2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves feature zoned breathability panels for maximum airflow and comfort. Seamless, gradient compression zones for increased blood flow and maximum containment, for increased performance and enhanced recovery times.
· SO MANY COLOR CHOICES! They are on the low price range in terms of compression sleeves on the market so you can get all the colors to match all your running outfits. (The Compression Performance Run Sleeves retail at $39.95 – but if you use code TRAIN15 you’ll get 15% off your full price order at www.2xu.com!)
· Great fit. I want a compression sleeve that’s tight enough to know you’re wearing compression but not so tight that they cut off circulation or start to get itchy and annoying. I followed the chart on the website and measured by calf girth to select the perfect size for me.
· The sleeves are made with INVISTA LYCRA elastane yarns for greatest durability and fabric return. They have survived about 6-8 wash cycles with no complaints of loss of elasticity or “falling apart.”
· The fabrics utilize an antibacterial formula to reduce odor. I have not noticed any funky, post-run smells—although Georgie may disagree…
· The fabric also featured UPF 50+ which is always an added benefit.
· I probably should have looked at the box a little closer because the first time I wore them I realized I had them on backwards. Oops!
· Some of the other Pros with shorter legs have had issues with their sleeves and socks overlapping causing blister. No problems for this girl!
2XU Racing VECTR Sock
The Rundown: VECTR Socks fasten to the heel, using 2XU’s proprietary X.LOCK technology. The X.LOCK provides a host of benefits, including reduced friction and the chance of blisters, optimized strike and push off and enhanced support to the arch and ankle. With smart features and technical fabrics VECTR Socks are the new standard in comfort, injury protection and performance.
· I did not get any blisters! That is always a big plus for me because blisters are NO FUN. I feel like when I find a really good pair of socks, I don't even notice them while I'm running. I had some thoughts before the run in terms of comfort and after the run in terms of durability but during the run nothing stood out as red flags for me.
· The Racing VECTR socks are low cut but not too low that they fall down and get lost in my shoes! I even kept them on after a run with my UGG boots and they stayed in place and did not slip. Double plus.
· They feature zoned, breathable panels to keep your feet dry.
· The X.LOCK helps support your arches and heels. I didn’t notice much in the heels (I am a forefoot runner) but the arches felt wonderful. It is a nice amount of compression—I bet the compression might even feel good for a runner with plantar fasciitis problems?!
· I am pretty picky with socks. I usually look for comfort, cushioning, colors, and last of blisters. While I loved the compression and hug-like feeling in my arches, I don’t feel like these had as much cushioning as I’m used to.
· I often have problems with shoes and socks in the big toe area. I have what I call “elf toes” aka my big toe sort of curves up and unfortunately after one wear I could see a little thinning of fabric in both big toes. Sometimes I can wear socks longer by alternating feet but these are marked with an L and R which is said for “improved comfort” and they feel funny wearing them on the wrong feet. We will see how the do as time goes on!
· One pair of 2XU Racing VECTR Socks is $19.95. When you’re ballin’ on a budget like me, a $19.95 pair of socks must be pretttty special. I might splurge on one or two pairs, but I wouldn’t be buying six or seven to wear every day.
Join us on Twitter for the 2XU sponsored #BibChat on March 22nd at 9pm EST!
And don’t forget to use code TRAIN15 for 15% off your full price order!
Great post. I have used 2XU product and i realized it is really effective. I recommend all youReplyDelete
Puma Shoes are the global athletic brands that successfully influence sport, lifestyle and fashion. Get in shape and live a healthier lifestyle. One of their newest designs are the Puma Speed Cat, which are suitable for women who like taking exercises. I find a website for the Toe Guards Work Boots. If you want you can visit this site.ReplyDelete