Week 3 of 12
The week got off to a slow start. My papa’s funeral was Monday and we were all exhausted. Monday night was family BINGO night! I won $10!
My mom stayed in New York a few extra days but my dad and I drove back Tuesday morning. Cape Cod Rehab sponsored a Marathon Sports Mashpee Run Club on Tuesday night and I really wanted to get back for it. It ended up we were back in time but I was drained. There was no way I was up for seeing anyone or waiting to run until 6:30pm. I did however feel like getting out and stretching my legs for a light run and I figured Georgie wouldn’t want to come because she had just spent 4 days at her day care. She watched me get ready and as I was putting my sneakers on she whined and whined and whined so I ended up bringing her out for 2 miles! The rest of the night… she barely moved… and that continued for about 3 days!
Wednesday I got to run with a coworker and friend Tiffany! She’s training for a May marathon and had 6 on the schedule. We brought Georgie for the first few miles and I was actually surprised at how well she did. A little funny at the start but once she got in her groove and got used to the fact we had someone else running with us, she did great!
With rain in the forecast all day Friday and a 3-day Easter weekend coming, I took Georgie for her long run Thursday morning, took Friday completely off, ran a pretty hard Fartlek run on Saturday and a nice long run on Easter Sunday.
I wouldn’t recommend doing a speed workout the day before a long run but it just kind of worked out that way for me this week.
My Easter Sunday run was actually really, really good. I waited until just after noon when the sun came out and passed a ton of other runners, walkers and bikers out on the roads. I ran easy with no time goals in mind. In fact I barely looked at my watch. I stopped twice for photo ops and a water break. I just really tried to enjoy myself out there on some of my favorite Falmouth roads by the beach. I ended up running 7:51 pace so I was really happy with that and shortly after the run I was handed a mimosa while waiting for the Easter ham to be ready!
· I signed up for the Cape Cod Beer Race to the Pint!
· Even bigger news—I signed up for the Miami Marathon!
· I posted my 5th product review as a BibRave Pro. You can check out my thoughts on the 2XU Compression Performance Run Sleeves & Racing VECTR Socks here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/03/bibrave-pro-product-review-2xu.html
· I also posted my 6th product review as a BibRave Pro. You can read all about the On Cloudsurfers here: http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/03/bibrave-pro-product-review-on.html
· Alert the media: I carried my own water on a run… http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/03/growing-up-carrying-my-own-water.html
· 8 weeks until the 7th Annual Piggy Trot!
· 9 weeks until the Buffalo Half Marathon!
2.10 miles with G (17:36)
2 miles (15:55)
6.22 miles with Tiff (51:16)<--G ran the first 2.25 ish miles with us!
3 miles with G (25:33)
Taught spin class. The playlist: Jumpin', Jumpin' Spin Playlist
0.8 miles with G (6:43)
4 miles w/3mi fartlek (28:18)<--6:39, 4:46, 6:46
8 miles (1:02:51)
This week’s mileage: 26 miles
This week’s G mileage: 8 miles
March Totals: 80.25 miles
2016 Totals: 182.75 miles
Post a Comment