Disclaimer: I was recently sent a pair of XX2i Bermuda1 Sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
If you’ve been following along with Run Jen Run, you may remember my first product review as a BibRave Pro—the XX2i USA1 sunglasses. My experience with the USA1 has been all positive and I am still wearing them out running.
In comes the next XX2i opportunity for BibRave Pros—the Bermuda1 sunglasses. Not only are they XX2i’s first casual model, they haven’t even been officially released yet! But if you join us for BibChat on April 26th at 9pm EST, you will be the FIRST to know how to purchase a pair of Bermuda1 Sunglasses!
Here is the info we received about the Bermuda1:
“As XX2i’s first casual model, the Bermuda1 is the ultimate go-to sunglass that goes easy on your wallet. Available in classic Matte Black, Matte Tortoise, White & Black, and Crystal Black, the Bermuda1 is the perfect accessory for adventure, whether that be a trip to the beach or a quick walk with the dog. Using the same advanced materials as XX2i’s performance models, the Bermuda1 comes standard with polarized lenses that employ 4K optical technology, ensuring the utmost frame durability and lens clarity.”
So what do I think about them?
I LOVE THEM! Some other Pros have commented that they are too big but I totally dig big sunglasses. As my dad would say, “They look good on you!”
I grab my Bermuda1 sunglasses every time I head out the door with Georgie from car rides to beach walks and rock throwing sessions. And while the casual models are not designed specifically for running, I HAVE run in them for easy Georgie runs with no complaints. They will be great this summer when we hang out by the pool at Mark & Linda’s house and will become a beach bag staple to protect my eyes in the Cape Cod sun.
· Polarized lenses!
· The lenses are so clear and colors are so vivid.
· The frames and lenses are durable. The very first day I dropped them lense side down and actually screamed. Thank goodness there was no evidence or even a scratch! BUT XX2i has a lifetime frame and lense warranty.
· On a similar note, all XX2i sunglasses come in a hard, protective case for the clumsy like me. They also come with a soft case that doubles as a cleaning cloth.
· The Bermuda1 may be “big sunglasses” but they are not big as in the sense that they fall off your face. I have had no trouble with bouncing or sliding around while outside running around in them.
· BibRave Pros were sent the tortoise frame. They are nice and classy but I am so much more a black sunglasses kind of girl. I am looking forward to their release date so I can buy a black pair while the “XX2iRocks” discount code is still valid.
Would I recommend XX2i’s casual Bermuda1 sunglasses? Oh my god, yes! And if you try them and find out they aren’t for you? XX2i gives you 365 days to return their product.
Join us on Twitter for the XX2i sponsored #BibChat
on April 26th at 9pm EST!
And don’t forget to use code XX2iRocks
for 50% off your order!
P.S. Georgie gives XX2i “2 paws up!”
[Related Post: Run Jen Run’s Guide to Choosing a Good Pair of Sunglasses]